Emergency Education Officer
Job Title: Emergency Education Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
With the direct supervision of the satellite office manager and technical oversight of CYPD TU Staff in national office, the incumbent leads the Education in Emergencies project timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of agreed activities in target woreda of Aware,Gunagado and Birkod/Jarar Zones.
- Involves in the rapid assessment of the emergency education needs.
- Ensures the quality day-to-day implementation of the EiE activities.
- Keeps the record of number of beneficiaries in the target area
- Works very closely with supply chain and finance to deliver the project activities on time
- Facilitates the ASR and/or ALP based on the need on the ground
- Daily follow up with Learning Facilitators/Community Volunteers to ensure quality learning sessions.
- Works with the parent-teacher association (PTSA) to ensure that children are enrolled in the TLS or existing schools.
- Conducts in-service teachers/facilitators trainings based on teachers training needs.
- Ensures that the teaching-learning process is in place in the temporary learning spaces or existing school.
- Develops activity and spending plan once the budget is released.
- Ensures effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and Budget versus Actual) to avoid under or over spending. Tracks the PR on regular basis to ensure the quality budget management.
- Communicates on weekly basis to both the field office and/or Addis team on progresses and any challenges. Communicates the technical team in Addis Ababa on ad hoc basis on phone to discuss any emerging issues.
- Represents the IRC in any external meetings at the local level.
- Drafts monthly reports on IRC template and quarterly reports on the donor template.
- Drafts the 5Ws on the basis of template and shares with the MEAL manager on monthly basis.
Education and experience
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management or other fields related to the position.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the education sector
- NGO experience will be an advantage
- Experience in handling emergency projects
- Good technical and report writing skill
- Good communication and social skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and Gedeo language is a plus
- Ability to meet to perform her/his activities within short period of time
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
See Job Detail or Apply