Deputy general coordinator (M/F) - Etiophia
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM's operational licence to work in Ethiopia is valid up to January 2020. The coordination office is in Addis Abeba and the base office is in Afar region (Semara).
MdM started the implementation of a new project in the beginning of 2018. in the meantime, a 4-years project has been closed in 2018. The challenge for the future of the mission is to find funds for long-term project and to succeed in the management of the two sections of MdM headquarters: France and Germany.
Ethiopia regularly faces emergencies: refugees, outbreaks, droughts etc, the mission has to be alert and able to react if needed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will provide monitoring, follow-up and support for programmes’ implementation, with a strong focus on emergency interventions. You will provide liaison with administration and logistics departments for support to operations.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of country programs, with a strong focus on emergency interventions undertaken in response to Covid-19 epidemics
- Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with MdM strategy, principles and guidelines
- Supervise MdM operations: field visits, oversee work of teams, regularly evaluate progress of programs, in relation to planning and smooth running of activities
- Support the field coordinators for the daily implementation of the projects
- Ensure good coordination between logistics, administrative (finance and human resources) and programme departments
- Provide project reporting
- Under delegation from the general coordinator, represents MdM in meetings with donors and partners as well as with local authorities
- With support of the general coordinator, provide needed adaptations to the operations’ set up and liaises with donors and partners for budget and logframe changes
- Provide support to the coordinators (field, program and logistics) for real-time response to security decisions in case of threats and risks
- Ensure liaison between financial departments and operational management for operations’ budget follow-up and operational adaptations
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the admin/finance coordinator, guarantee transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditure
- Liaise with logistics department for overseeing correct implementation of procurement procedures and for correct implementation of logistics components of interventions
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Fixed term contract
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 041 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Minimum 3 years of experience in similar positions
Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian and development programmes
Knowledge of project cycle management and main donors
Experience in team management
Experience in security management
Fluency in English
Fluency in Amharic is an asset
Experience in emergency response is an asset
Experience in health-related programmes in an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JgqZQqmW?idpartenaire=128