Job Position: Camp Manager
Number required: 1(One)
Location: Adiharush/Myayni refugee camp, Shire, Tigray region
Length of Employment – Definite
Salary & benefits – ETB 24,222.00 month and negotiable based on the candidate’s qualification
Posting Date –June 19, 2020
Closing Date – June 28, 2020
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over eight decades in the world addressing both the immediate, lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
SCOPE OF WORK/ JOB PURPOSE:
Under direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Camp Manager is responsible for overall management of programs and operation in the Adiharush/Mayayni refugee camp. Ensuring IRC’s goal and programs’ objectives are met. Lead project Planning, Design, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation processes. Develop standardized proposal and report. Ensuring safety and security of IRC’s staff, image and assets. S/He provides supervision and direction to Adiharush/Mayayni camp team, with an emphasis on coaching and mentoring the staff to build their capacity. Manages their performance as per IRC’s Performance Management Plan guideline. Ensures high level representation in various forums and maintains IRC’s interest.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the consistent implementation of the IRC policies, manuals and procedures.
- Actively participate in decision making process and strengthen over all Shire Filed Office management
- Encourage key staffs to participate in problem solving and decision making.
- Maintain system to strengthen inter-departmental/camp collaboration through facilitating action oriented sector specific and staff regular meetings.
- Preserve close, open and professional relationships with all actors; facilitate donor M&E visits
Operations: Human Resource Management, Finance and Supply chain
- Ensure IRC’s National Staff Personnel Policy and Human Resource Manual; the IRC Way; IRC’s Refugee Staff Personnel Policy; Supply Chain Policies and Procedures; Finance rule and regulations; donor and government policies are respected and properly practiced.
- Mentor and support staff’s capacity needs and their professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming include a concrete formal and informal capacity planning and training for staff.
- Ensure all staff performance objectives are well set and they have clear understanding about their role and responsibilities.
- Conduct mid-term and annual staff performance evaluations and assist the office in developing a framework for staff career development, training and coaching.
- Provide counseling and support in resolution of employee relations problems. Ensure Office disciple is in place; control embezzlement of any kind; ensure individual staff actions are in line with IRC’s goodwill. Take disciplinary action as per IRC’s personnel policy when deemed necessary.
- Maintain system and IRC best practices for regular staff evaluation, and standard procedures for new position posting, interviewing and applicant selection.
- Conduct PR/PO follow up; remind SC and program team (Addis and Shire) to address issues on time.
- Monitor camp level warehouse management; control and monitor use of IRC assets and report to field office on time for any misuse, theft and damage of IRC properties.
- Verify/approve all camp-based payments, purchase requests, contracts etc for the camp within the given limit
- Work closely and communicate effectively with Shire Field Office’s staff to ensure timely payments and procurements.
- Maintain office records and disseminate information and correspondence from Addis/Field Office, IRC Offices to all operation and program staff in the camps and vice-versa.
- Ensure proper budget management of Adiharush/Mayayni camp
- · Lead all staff meetings (monthly quarter, biannual and annual); oversee trainings/workshops all Adiharush/Mayayni projects that are organized to refugee communities, IPs, OPs, ARRA, UN agency, etc; conduct opening/closing remarks.
- Take all rounded action for cost management (efficient and effective utilization of all resources); lead staff towards cost management practice.
- Coordinate and facilitate, spot checking, warehouse reports, review meetings etc.
- Conduct monitoring of IRC’s materials (electromechanical equipment, construction, education etc) which are found in the field; keep their record, control embezzlement and provide timely advice/corrective actions if appropriate; ensure effective and efficient material utilization.
- Ensure proper asset, acquisition, management and disposal in Adiharush/Mayayni camp
- Mentor and support staff’s capacity improvement needs and their professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming include a concrete formal and informal capacity planning and training for staff once every quarter.
- Ensure best grant administration; for all Adiharush/Mayayni grants, develop and maintain grant opening/closing power point presentations, activity plans, spending and procurement plans. Participate in all grant opening, and closing meetings, tracking expenditures; and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor compliance and regulations; review monthly BvA and bring any over/under expenditure, miss-charge or double charging issues etc to the attention of the Field Coordinator/Finance team in a timely manner and jointly develop corrective plan.
- Participate in new project and concept note development; provide timely, informative and quality inputs to funding proposals (project descriptions, log frames, Work plan, and budgeting); ensure program staff provide timely and quality inputs to technical managers that will be used for standard project reports. Review all Adiharush/Mayayni updates/reports to be shared to technical managers of Shire and camp based ARRA, UNHCR, RCC, IPs, OPs
- Ensure projects timely and quality monitoring and evaluation; ensure good project monitoring and evaluation tools are in place/update; and ensure evidence based actions are in practices to demonstrate quality project progress, impact, learning and recommendation; ensure all are well documented for next project formulation and administrative actions.
- Provide support and camp oversight on program implementation on daily basis; assist staff to develop sector specific M&E plans
- Oversee the implementation of Adiharush/Mayayni projects; ensure the projects are implemented according to well- plan schedule annual, quarterly, month work-plan and budgets-spending plan, and that projects objectives are well-met.
- Follow up the implementation of field level mandatory reporting timeline (sector reports, management reports, donor reports and government reports)
- Be proactive to facilitate regular surveys on the provided services; collected data are analyzed, documented and accessed by relevant staff.
- Mobilize and ensure the refugee community is involved in the design, implementation, monitoring, review and evaluation of all IRC’s programs.
- Lead in overall quality of all projects assessment, assessment tools design/contextualize, methodology and final quality assessment report.
- Work closely with all programs staff and ensure planned trainings, workshops and awareness raising events are organized on time, in a systematic and coordinated manner.
- Ensure the inclusion of vulnerable children, women and elderly including people with disability and HIV/AIDS infected and affected people to have access to all IRC’s program interventions and other service deliveries
- Contribute to IRC’s institutional learning; document relevant reading materials, encourage staff to use them, develop and share success stories to shire staff.
- Improve the overall IRC’s camp environment in consultation with the camp and field office staff
Coordination and Representation
- Pursue effective working relationships with all stakeholders at all level in best representation of IRC with Adiharush/Mayayni camp based UN Agencies, ARRA, IPs, Ops, RCC, zone leaders and local authority to enhance multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination; ensure that relevant information from interagency, coordination, sector, working group meetings is timely shared to Adiharush/Mayayni concerned staff, Shire technical managers and field coordinator
- Contribute to the realization of Country SAP
- Coordinate with Shire Field Office managers to achieve IRC’s strategic objects; support/receive resources; plan together to wise use of IRC resource; provide parallel advice to managers to best implement Shire projects.
- Develop reports and share to all concerned on time; ensure Adiharush/Mayayni camp staff submit quality report to all concerned bodies on time;
Safety, Security and Health
- Conduct regular discussions with key stakeholders to identify and determine approaches to address staff’s stress levels,
- Assists the Field Office in updating Field Office’s Security Management Plan
- Facilitate security related trainings to camp based staff
- Assist the Field Office during the implementation of IRC-Ethiopia safety and security plan
- Ensures effective communications among Adiharush/Mayayni camp staff and other staff across all camps- and among different levels of responsibilities at field and Addis levels
- Ensure communication three is respected; and educate staff to adhere it
- Develop strict local vehicle safety policies and ensures that they are consistently implemented as per IRC SOP,
- Ensure all kinds of incidents in Adiharush/Mayayni camp are tracked and reported to FC within 24 hours,
- Ensure IRC’s staff, goodwill (brand), assets are safe and secured,
- Closely work with the security network and take timely security measures, etc
Qualifications and Requirements
- MA/MSc/BA/BSc in Development Management, Business Management, Hydraulic Engineering, Social Work or related field of studies.
- Three years relevant experience in managerial post for MA/MSc or six years for BA/BSc holders out of which two years in senior management position.
- Ability to deliver a concise quality reports in English; demonstrated experience in proposal development, including practical experience with budgeting, log frame development, and writing of technical descriptions;
- Excellent spoken English skills; and additional local languages (Tigrigna/kunama) is a plus,
- Management of multi-sector projects at international NGOs preferably in refugee camps is highly required.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working in an emergency and post emergency/recovery program
- Excellent project management/administration experience; excellent representational communication and interpersonal, negotiation skills
- Experience in working with multicultural and diversified workforce.
- Proven Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, outlook and internet
How to apply:
- Not allowed to apply in person
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
- Female are highly encouraged to apply!!!!!!!!!!!
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent and current address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees by including the format below in your application.
See Job Detail or Apply